Sunday, 12 August 2012

More realistic paintjob, work in progress

I decided to try out some different painting techniques and shades. I used colour tones made from black and white and then applied a thinned out black wash to leave some texture on the bones. As the wash dries you are left with tiny fracture type marks on the skull and legs. I discovered this effect just by chance and it really gives a nice effect. I then applied a thinned out brown wash to change the overall tone. Water was added to the highlight areas to remove the wash.

Just the glowing eyes and base to do and then he's done.

No comments:

Post a comment